Friday, August 7, 2009

Diabolical Cuteness

That's what Karen calls then and I have to agree. After seeing her little alien at Knit Knite last night I had to have one (or two) myself. I knit the first one up last night and started the second before work this morning. Excuse the not so hot pictures - I was in too big a hurry to get the pics up to do more than a quick snapshot. 

Original pattern here. I knit mine flat on a size 7 circ. The yarn is Lion Brand Ultra Suede that was given to me by a friend. I've had it in my stash since the end of January but wasn't sure what to do with it. I only had about two skeins (of which I only used about 1/2 of one for both of these little guys). The yarn is nice and soft - very cuddly. I think I'm going to make a few more. I'll add catnip to a couple and I was thinking some lavender to others. How cute would these by as sachets in your drawers! 

 I'd probably go down a size or two on the needles. There's a little bit of
 gap between the stitches at the top but nothing I can't live with. That's saying a lot because I'm definitely type A. These were so much fun to knit though and took absolutely no time at all!

4 comments:

  1. Oh they turned out great! I love how one is kind of wide and squished and one is round. They are awesome! I was totally thinking of catnip for cat toys but have no clue where to buy some. Drawer sachets is a fun idea. They are so fun! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok...I was so thinking the catnip idea tonight, but sachets! How awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first comments! Thanks Ladies! I've heard you can buy catnip at the grocery store in the pet food aisle but to be honest haven't checked yet. I'm not sure how they turned out looking so different but I do like them that way.

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are so cute!!! I think we fed them after midnight!! ;)

    ReplyDelete